Pages

Wednesday 16 June 2010

An Old Codger

Hi again,
Have you all managed to get your Father's Day cards / Thinking of you cards made? I was really chuckling to myself making this one. My hubby is an avid biker - has been since he turned 17 (many moons ago) and has been building a couple of bikes up from bits. This image just reminds me that when he eventually gets them finished - he'll probably look like this! (it was made for my children to give their dad).The image is Karens Doodles. I've used crystal lacquer on the wheel arches and tank, clear and silver glitter gel pen on the chrome work and a mixture of Promarkers and copics on the tyres and clothing.
I'm still chuckling now and hubby is dashing me a funny look! Better post it quick before he takes a peek!

Challenges:-
Totally Gorjuss - Card for a male.
Papertake weekly - ice cream flavours (mine is coffee mocha)
Creative Inspirations - One for the Boys.

Thanks for stopping by - your always welcome to visit.
Hugs Sarah x

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha so sweet!! My hubby is like that but with computers, we have hardrives, mother boards and kettle leads everywhere LOL kids always joke they will be out of date by the time he has finished installing them!!

    Great card, love that image and you have coloured it beautifully.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to say this is perfect for the Incy Wincy challenge if you want to join in there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab Card! This image always makes me chuckle!!
    My brother's always been a biker even though he's 55 now, I must use this image on his birthday card!
    Great colouring, and I love the punch you've used.
    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is brilliant I love this image! Thanks for joining us this week at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loot at that "hog" and that studmuffin riding it!! Wonderful colourwork and great colours for a MAN card!! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations this week!!
    Stephanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah, this is really fab hun, great colouring and that punch looks fab used like this, I've managed to sort out my computer and gone back to my old template yeah, never been so relieved in my life lol, speak soon hun, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow Sarah this is fantastic love the image! thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I appreciate them.