Wednesday, 8 September 2010

All new technique.

Hey there,

Another beautiful day here in Lancashire and I was not at work again! whoooo. Besides playing dress up with my daughter and her friend, finger painting, making worm houses and flooding the garden, I managed to slip into my craft room to create this.

I have managed to fit in with quite a few challenges for a change. I tried the new technique of cracked glass, but my glass wouldn't crack properly, it shattered and then bent! Still I love trying new ideas and see how they pan out.

I've coloured using copics, flowers from Wild Orchid, gems from those stick on tattoo gems (they work really well and are relatively cheap), Pins hand made and you can just see two little baubles which my neighbour gave me - they are from her daughters stage costume and are irridescent looking IRL.

Now can you tell me, do any of you have a problem with the pins on cards - I mean, find them a little dangerous? I know they are hidden in blooms usually, but my daughter always has a good interrigation of my cards and I am a little apprehensive about letting her near them and then start to fret about sending them in the post to anyone just in case - does anyone have tips as they do look lovely on all your cards.

Challenges:-

Allsorts - New Beginnings (my take is the start of a new relationship)

Just Magnolia - Cracked glass technique.

OSAAT - Blooms, Butterflies and/or Bling.

Stamp and Create - Pearls and Gems.

Stamp with Fun - Wedding.

Wild Orchid - Pins and Pearls.


Thanks for hopping by.

21 comments:

  1. Its beautiful, the cracked glass might not have worked out the way you thought it was suppose to but it looks great. Thanks for joining us OSAAT, hope to see you back next week.
    xxx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is simply stunning card. I did crackle glass befor too, and i love how it's look. About the pin, you can glue little bead on the end, or don't push to far. I hope it's help. Thanks for playing at OSAAT. Hugs, Nataliya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I love you card, it's gorgeous and so elegant. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful wedding card!! thanks for joining in our challenge.
    hugs
    tina46
    swf-team

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    so beautiful card.... it's so sweet, the image is lovly and your colouring is great!!
    hugs
    sadia

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful weddingcard. Nicely colored and I like the crackled look! Added myself as a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It really is a Gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT.
    Chrissyxx
    p.s. I have a little pair of florist pliers and snip the end off.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :0 so pretty! :) Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - I love the crrackled effect! I know what you mean about the pins, Natalyia's tip is good though!

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

    Crafty Creations by AJ
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sarah, wow this is gorgeous,I love it,fab tecnique and one I've never done lol,

    Did you go to the show? and did you get any thing lol, love your blog look hun, enjoy your night, hugs Liz xx
    ps: yes it's gorgeous here too lol, xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Sarah, lovely colouring and I love that you tried something new. I'm also always worried about pins on cards so I tend to keep them on my scrapbook pages instead - no help I know! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card. I love the image that you have used.
    I must say you are braver than me trying new things. Thats really me stepping out of my comfort zone. I love the effect that you have created.
    Thankyou for sharing with us at OSAAT,Good luck !

    Choccy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card love the effect...x

    Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week hugs Kirsten...x

    ReplyDelete
  14. very beautiful card Sarah....I have the same problem with the pins....just read some tips in the other comments....thanks for joining OSAAT!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing the Stamp and Create Monthly challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this image! Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at SWF! Hugs Nilla

    ReplyDelete
  17. a beautiful cracked glass card
    thank you for joining us at Stamp and Create this challenge,

    Vicky GDT Member

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous Sarah! I love your coloring and the crackle. Such a soft and elegant design! Thanks for joining the Stamp and Create challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! You really should consider entering some of your pretty projects over at Papercraft Star. It's a unique challenge blog that allow participants and the public to vote on their favorites, the challenges are posted way in advance to give you plenty of time to get your projects ready and you can win prizes too! http://www.papercraftstar.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creation,
    love from France, Kianel.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card! So beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with the Stamp and Create challenge!!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment, I appreciate them.